Should the general population frequently consume vitamin supplements?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes! We all need them!
  • Only if prescribed by a doctor
  • No! They’re a waste of money!
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      mihirmali129mihirmali129
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

On Tuesday, the United States Preventive Services Task Force updated the guidelines for the supplementation of multivitamins, minerals, and vitamins to prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease. The guidelines released in the JAMA journal claimed that there’s no evidence to prove the same. After a thorough analysis of 84 studies, the conclusion has not changed since the previous guidelines were released in 2014.

There’s evidence-based research that outlines the benefits of consuming supplements for a certain part of the population — such as pregnant women and seniors. But, for most other populations such supplementation seems to lack an evidence-based approach.

The chief of general internal medicine at Northwestern University, Dr. Jeffrey Linder suggests,” lifestyle counselling to prevent chronic diseases in patients should continue to focus on evidence-based approaches, including balanced diets that are high in fruits and vegetables and physical activity,” as reported by CNN.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/21/health/supplements-not-recommended-wellness/index.html

dodulnadim26dodulnadim26
      Participant
      Up
      Down

We all are not aware of a balanced diet.This is due to our knowledge deficiency. A doctor can assess the need of vitamin supplement talking to a patient’s food habit and examining deficiency sign/symptoms.

pnieszelpnieszel
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Unless you have a known deficiency, vitamin companies are making money off of people. And unless you are fully aware of the problems of too high a dose of the fat-soluble A, D, E & K vitamins, you may be doing more harm than good. Go see a professional.

sullivanashley0sullivanashley0
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Most people don’t get enough vitamins and minerals from their diet so vitamins are meant to supplement what is missing.

thebrittsthebritts
      Participant
      Up
      Down

A large part of the population is nutrient deficient, ie: Vitamin D etc. I do believe that proper blood tests and the encouragement for a healthy diet from a physician is best.

vincentnyamufalilavincentnyamufalila
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Vitamins played vital roles in our bodies.if not have them we get suck
      Vitamins help the body fight some diseases and doctors or clinical officers are the ones who can recommend for us to take them accordingly

mugaemmy3mugaemmy3
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Vitamin E

Up
      Down

They are not completely useless. In certain regions of the world where certain vitamins are deficient due to their cultural practices.
      Supplementing certain vitamins by the doctors is a wide spread practice.
      Also, population at risk of vitamins deficiencies such as in pregnancy, people with certain conditions like hypothyroidism, celiac disease, or after bariatric surgery that are prone to multiple vitamin deficiencies due to poor absorption should be supplemented

Dr Hakim DassDr Hakim Dass
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Essential for life

d_care32d_care32
      Participant
      Up
      Down

now adays ur diet less value than before due t many issues ,first is due t being growth is enhanced by artificial chemicals and rich in radicals ane totaly cntrloed by act of some enzymes or haromnes

Up
      Down

Diets are for the most part insufficient. So, essentially everyone could benefit from supplements.

Pamela_GriffinPamela_Griffin
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I think vitamin supplements are beneficial because sometimes in the foods will eat, we may not obtained all the vitamins will need to stay healthy.

miller.jamesianmiller.jamesian
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Well we don’t eat properly at all. Ergo why supplements are most likely needed. To assist in giving us the fix that we actually need.

Makes total sense to me to take supplements. Oh wait, I already do and it has made a major difference on and in my body so far.

SO NO. I VOTE THEY ARE NOT USELESS.

Baqar Ali ShahBaqar Ali Shah
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I observed that most of peoples taking an excessive amount of more than one vitamin without taking any consultation with their doctors so that can cause serious health issues like as hypervitaminosis, or vitamin toxicity. Certain diet choices may also risk regularly overconsuming vitamins. Misusing vitamin supplements can be very dangerous.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.