Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Dalia SahaDalia Saha
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

Plastic is in everything. I don’t think I can recall a time when we didn’t have it. It is also linked many deaths, as this new study found out. Is it time for plastic to go? Do we other resources to that? How would we purchase things like shampoo or raspberries? I have to admit plastic makes life more convenient but is it the best we can do?

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/widely-used-chemical-phthalates-linked-to-100-000-us-deaths-per-year-says-study-2573598

Kristina Marie PraeKristina Marie Prae
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Plastic , I believe can be formulated to be safer than it is.
      In our high tech world there has to be a safer formulation that does not leach dangerous chemicals or micro plastics into our systems.

Packaging for many products are available in alternatives.
      I buy laundry soap in sheets, packing is from recycled paper .

Glass is an alternative.
      Stainless steel.

Of course cost is higher moving to those alternatives 100%

Water bottles are the worse for over use and plastic waste.
      Over use can be prevented by installing good reverse osmosis water filters in our home and businesses
      Using refillable containers,
      I use only stainless steel for my water containers.

Warren McKayWarren McKay
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Yes!

Janet SolomonJanet Solomon
      Participant
      Up
      Down

yes plastic should go

Up
      Down

Plastic should be abolished

maxiepraiz77maxiepraiz77
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Although we can’t permanently say buh-bye to plastics but we can find a way to curb the environmental pollution its causing. Making citizens pack their plastics in separate waste bin bags and collected to be recycled ♻️for newer better biodegradable materials.

Leang Tith NitaLeang Tith Nita
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Yes, we could do it. For now could not No plastic at all but we could do it little by tittle. Start with me, I bring my own bottle when I the drink and for eating I could eat at place and for take away I could bring my own box as much as I could. Let make the good environment for living.
      #plastic # phthalate #death #environementalheath

saba39993saba39993
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Yeah your are right plastics made life more convenient but on the other hand it’s the mainn cause of spreading disease e.g cancer.we cannot discard plastic easily so it spread pollution as well. In old time there was not a plastic people used cloth for there shopping they were not as ill as now a days people suffering from. So according to me it’s not a big issue to buh-bye to plastic, convenientness is not everything our health is most important.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by saba39993saba39993. Reason: Typing error
      Up
      Down

It should have been done like yesterday

Muhammad Tahir RazaMuhammad Tahir Raza
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Safe and healthy plastic should be the future. We can’t eradicate plastic fully from our life. We should the limit the plastic as we can and should use alternative if we can especially related to food items.

Up
      Down

Well, plastic will be difficult to be eradicated totally at once, however, we can start by reducing it’s usage. We should try as much as possible to reuse plastic we have at home instead of getting another one. Etc.

After reduction bof it’s usage , then good waster collection of plastic can follow. The users should carefully and separately collect plastic waste.

Then, substitution of plastic as package material should also commence. We can learn from can soda drinks. Etc

sp4094382sp4094382
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Nothing in this universe is truly vulnerable nor a complete solution to its own invention,because the same plastic serves to be a boon for many human necessities like medicine and conveniences like packing and logistic,the only complete solution is an intelligent human behaviour to know the minimum & maximum usage limits of any thing,without a justified limit any thing either plastic or even nuclear energy is equally hazardous,only an unjustified human behaviour is the cause of concern not the immaterial thing like plastic.

ALMA ECHAVEZALMA ECHAVEZ
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Yes definitely we can as there are some alternatives to use like papers, glass, eco friendly shopping bags

Jaineck KabandaJaineck Kabanda
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Plastics are not safe if measures are not taken in place by the government and manufacturers. Plastics can cause environmental pollution that can affect the heath of the people.

nobia02nobia02
      Participant
      Up
      Down

It’s true that we can’t live without plastic but we have to figure a way to reduce it by replace some of our need with alternatives for example shopping bags we replace it with paper bags
      actually some countries are using paper bags but most of the countries are using the plastic
      There are so many things we can think about

talemanigussie32talemanigussie32
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I would like to help people need plastic surgery

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.