Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
      Dalia SahaDalia Saha
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

Now that vaccine mandates are hitting doctors and other healthcare staff, what is going to open? The science is still up for debate and data is still not finalized but the topic of vaccines is hotly contested and it doesn’t seem as though the entire medical community is entirely on board with them. This hospital in NY had to shut down in L & D department because of staff leaving over the hospital policy. Is this something hospitals should be ‘mandating’ or is it infringing on free will?

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/13/1036521499/covid-workers-resign-new-york-hospital-stops-baby-delivery

Novita Da CostaNovita Da Costa
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I think what have to say about this situation is the policy of the medical department must create a logical thought to communicate the society because many society are getting panic on some situation about the result of vaccine. Moreover, the department must strong connect with the intelligent people that released the vaccine so to make the quality of medical that cooperated to result of the vaccine. Maybe it help the community to stay relax and happy to clearly understand the vaccine situation. The department of medical should more keep on eye with different patient that come and must check it out the situation of patient before given the vaccine because zins each of person not the same stronger.

keileenkeileen
        Participant
        Up
        Down

I got the vaccine myself as MOST of my family, not all, have. I do feel it is a good thing to have, yet I do not feel it should be mandated upon anyone to receive the vaccine. I live on the NY border and have friends in Healthcare, as I am a nurse, who have been greatly affected by this. Some quit there jobs or were “fired” because they would not get the COVID vaccine.

Up
      Down

It’s a violation of our rights. If you want the vaccine, get it, if not don’t. But Joe Blow had no authority to mandate it on companies. I work in it everyday, the vaccine have very limited positive effect.

jezreel10jezreel10
      Participant
      Up
      Down

The vaccine is not even that effective. It should not be mandated.

wwjd0801wwjd0801
      Participant
      Up
      Down

No one should mandate what goes in our bodies….infringes on out freedoms!!!

Tamisha PortisTamisha Portis
      Participant
      Up
      Down

A lot of staff members quit immediately. I actually did quit because my job mandated the vaccinations. I feel it does go against free will

amccartney228amccartney228
      Participant
      Up
      Down

New York fired those medical staff over the vaccince. Yet, the Nat Guard they called in don’t have to be injected until June of 2022. Make that make sense.

conniebuck81conniebuck81
      Participant
      Up
      Down

How is this vaccine any different then ALL of the other vaccines we must have to be employed as Health Care Providers????
      I can’t tell you how many MMR’s I’ve had in my 40 year career because my titers are “no good”!
      I remember when the HEP B vaccines came around… you took it!
      Let’s be honest the mandatory FLU vaccine each year is hit and miss… created NEW every year! WHAT’s in it??? how did they create it so fast???? Will it change my DNA? Make me infertile? ETC OMG

REVERSE ISOLATION? EBOLA training??? TB, I could go on and on!
      Suck it up butter cup or leave… did you throw this big of a fit about washing you hands??? Remember when that happened?
      Using gloves for all contact with patients???? Masking for URI/Bronchiolitis,

Andrew EisenbergAndrew Eisenberg
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Only if you actually care about your patients and their health!

Saraha KasperSaraha Kasper
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I feel it should be up to the person. Being that it’s ones right to make that decision. If a person feels that this “ vaccine” is still to new to inject into their body. They should not be forced. I feel there is not enough studies or information gathered at this time. This vaccine was authorized as an Emergency use.
      Sadly even if you get the vaccine you can still get Covid. With the vaccine you spread the virus. Covid does not care who has been vaccinated or not.
      With a virus that’s so new, they came out with a vaccine really quick! And everyone knows the Government gives nothing for free!

jeanasan1951jeanasan1951
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Healthcare should be more concerned about their help. Nothing should be so adamantly mandated. It looks like they’re just pushing their will on the employees.

Kristie RichersonKristie Richerson
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Et tu, Medtigo? There’s already tons of animosity out there between us. I’m not reading anything different here than everywhere else. Let’s talk about something else.

ccrn99ccrn99
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I believe mandating the vaccine is a clear violation of my civil and constitutional rights! Why this vaccine? What is the government trying to do? Not fair at all.

geraldineparker04geraldineparker04
      Participant
      Up
      Down

It’s a violation of our constitutional rights and companies should not be asking their employees to put something in their body that they don’t want in their shame on them we’ve been working all this time without it we can continue to work without it this is not about any Covid this is about controlling the population and making them acquiesce to what the government wants and that’s not what we want we want our freedom and we want to keep our decision making on our medical decisions and any other part of our life pharmaceuticals and big companies and government need to stay out of peoples personal business and no one should lose their job because they don’t want to get a shot which is not a vaccine

Elizabeth MedinaElizabeth Medina
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I wouldn’t allow my children to go to school n a teacher not having the vaccine I feel the same thing about a nurse or a doctor .

drwhitedrwhite
      Participant
      Up
      Down

The unfortunate talk is about the vaccine….perhaps this discussion should be about immunity. Look at the study just published from Israel showing 8x better immunity from natural infection and recovery than vaccination alone. I am vaccinated with Moderna X2 but I still got breakthrough COVID! I definitely would not get a booster at this time so we need to get the politics out and bring in real science.

Dominik RosenauDominik Rosenau
      Participant
      Up
      Down

“The right of the people to be secure in their persons…”

Do we have an interest in what goes into our bodies? People have the right to murder an unborn child because of “My body, my choice.” But not when it comes to what is forcefully injected into our bodies? Repeal Jacobson v. Massachusetts. Restore the Nuremberg Code. Repair our damaged Constitution.

abdul.wajid74abdul.wajid74
      Participant
      Up
      Down

The vaccine is not even that effective. It should not be mandated.

Brandon OsborneBrandon Osborne
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I have been a nurse 12 years and I am not onboard with the vaccine for more than one reason. The virus was so swift in it’s approach and the science community as it should tried to intervene quickly and there lies one problem. We knew too little to have a trusted means of prevention and emergency FDA approval directly points to the fact that there were not enough successful trials to start inoculating people, when the affects on certain gender, race, medical history, existing conditions, age related effects. Now with the not first stated 99% effectiveness we are supposed to surrender our constitutional rights because of policy implementations. I myself was trained to protect myself, and further protect others from contaminating and cross contaminating, so it is an insult to my abilities to practice as an RN. I feel strongly enough that they can terminate me before my freedom to make decisions for my own personal well being will be infringed upon. My family practice safety measures when going out, we only go out if necessary and the events we do for fun are isolated more than some such as camping vs a concert, and etc. I think it is wrong, I want to see the scientific community gearing towards treatments for the virus as well, medications that can decrease severity, assist recovery, and increase substantially the survival rating. I have seen colleagues put out on sick leave, not returned yet after taking the vaccine. Prior they had clean bill of health, no medications, and now completely the opposite. I am not being told how to handle my own health and well being.

debby.templedebby.temple
      Participant
      Up
      Down

No one has to quit IF employer pays attention.

Test or shots. Medical has to stop! We are not media bites or politicians.
      We are the ones public comes to for health care,information,compassion and
      solutions.
      If NY or whom ever makes a choice to go shot or leave. Then ok you don’t need,want
      or should get help. making a problem like this when NOT NECESSARY, did not have to happen,
      ‘biden’ in his mandate stated : shot or test.

force flu shots,force covid shot, hep b shots, tb,tetanus,shingles,phenomena.

Now, a poor choice you should know. Drug testing being dropped and possibly back ground checks
      to hire personal,

WOW, how bad can this be? NEXT HORROR SHOW.
      shot and test vs personal who have NO PLACE IN HEALTH CARE

Peter Edwin LinakisPeter Edwin Linakis
      Participant
      Up
      Down

In South Africa we have the same problem. All lies about the efficacy of the vaccine. It is not proven safe or even 30% effective and only has a half life of 6 months. Govts are forcing medical councils to tell the people only what they want them to know. Your own immunity system is stronger than any vaccine provided you have not compromised it or have serious medical problems. It is and should always be a personal decision. I am a qualified EMT and flatly refuse to have the vaccine.

MaryJo BrixiusMaryJo Brixius
      Participant
      Up
      Down

My body, my choice! Not enough to know about the vaccine and it’s side effects! What’s in it? Why don’t they tell us?! Bribery to pay us to take it! Hmmmm what is the government trying to accomplish?! Population control! And badass Biden, “I won’t mandate the vaccine?” And then he lies and mandates this! Liar! He’s no better than any other president with his lies! Does Joe even know his name? Or who he is? These companies and hospitals will end up going bankrupt if they don’t stand up for their employees! So easily persuaded! But you need employees to keep your businesses open! Stand up to the government who Hs no business interfering with healthcare! Plain and simple!

tamie.sellerstamie.sellers
      Participant
      Up
      Down

First..can we stop misleading people. This isnt a vaccine. It’s a shot of experimental genetic material that instructs your ribosomes to produce a spike protien. The developer of these shots clearly said they arent yet safe for human use. This guise of keeping others safe by injecting it into your body, literally defies science. Trust the science folks..not the “scientists”..they are bought and paid for. No shot for me..and having taken the oath to do no harm..I won’t administer it either. Perhaps VAERS is a better source of information than MSM..

annmariehammer67annmariehammer67
      Participant
      Up
      Down

This is wrong sorry but we have rights i cant take it for medical and religious reason so if i have to leave the medical field i will do it and if it comes down to my son getting it i will not let him go to school this president is the worst and if we dont stand up we will be loosing our freedom .

Carol DeFilippoCarol DeFilippo
      Participant
      Up
      Down

It all started with a rest that does not exclusively diagnose COVD it merely says there’s a virus could be flu thono ADE o or Corona not jist COVD So your statement that Science is up for debate is not true Politocoams are dictating science based on one Doctor who funded the lab who developed it Why not silence media and let a panel of MDs and Psyeopayhs discuss their research and findings Most of us on healthcare know the research and have made decisions based on real science My body My immune system my choice!

debbiecotedebbiecote
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I have been vaccinated. Having said that, I think it is a clear violation of a person’s constitutional rights to mandate a vaccine. If you choose to be vaccinated, good for you. If you choose not to be vaccinated, I understand. I will continue to take care of my patients – both vaccinated and unvaccinated – to the best of my ability.

energycenterenergycenter
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I will quit if my religious exemption doesn’t go through.
      A total violation of Human Rights

bridgetfriel1bridgetfriel1
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Mandates in Medicine violate Medical Freedom. The foundation of Medicine for a patient is freedom of choice. How is this any different than taking the choice of freedom for an abortion away. All medical choices. It is not up to us to agree or disagree. It is up to us to support the patients and provide the best care based on their care choices. Do not rob medicine of their ethical base.

travelwithninatravelwithnina
      Participant
      Up
      Down

As a healthcare workers we have always needed to get certain vaccines in order to get hired or maintain a job. If patients don’t have the right not to have an unvaccinated caregiver, then vaccines must be mandatory. Another option would be for a unit only for unvaccinated eligible patients and staff. As a BSN, RN and a family caregiver if you are too selfish to get the vaccine to protect others, you standard of care conflicts with my standards of care. Personally, I would sue any unvaccinated healthcare worker if they gave someone in my family or me covid.

ali2560721457ali2560721457
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Juyt huukii u76tri8 y5t 7ogfb rhgddj gjk uikl urecn jjkgdn

mcharlesmcharles
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I do not think (my opinion) that the government has the right to mandate any vaccine on my person. This is against my rights. If anything happens to me after being mandated to take the vaccination then my family should be compensated by workmans comp as this was ordered by work. This is a definite infringement on the human rights. It was ok for the hospital staff, nursing home staff, Assisted living staff, police officers, fire departments to work for a full year without the vaccine and were considered Heros!!! Now, you have to have the vaccine to work??? What kind of bs is that to disregard your employees like they meant nothing to your establishment. Every employee had your back when the pandemic started and now you turn your back on them?
      Now they are saying you need a vaccine to be in school. What happened to no student left behind?? It’s our children’s right to be in school!!! Our government needs to stay out of OUR decisions and our rights!!!

Troy ReevesTroy Reeves
      Participant
      Up
      Down

For me it is an easy decision. We are healthcare providers, we are not the general population. We do not have the ability to leave our patients and community without care. This is what we have chosen to do in life and it is our duty to be there for them no matter the cost. We do it in blizzards, hurricanes, tornado. We stay for them if there is a person in the hospital with a gun. This is what we do!

Robert KrupkinRobert Krupkin
      Participant
      Up
      Down

For me this is a “no brainer”. If you are a healthcare provider, no matter what your political affiliation, you and I when we completed our education accepted the Oath of Hippocraates. We have a responsibility, if not an obligation, to provide the best care we can given the current scientific information.
      So, let’s as healthcare providers consider the science.
      #1- The whole of humanity globally in impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
      #2- To control it scientists have suggested the following: Wear masks to shield us from exposure to air borne virus exposure, but most people were not compliant and the disease spread; We were told to follow social distancing, but most of us chose not to do so; We were told to clean surfaces with anti viral liquids and cloths, but again we chose not to follow that suggestion.
      Between March, 2020 and today, October 25, 2021 there have been more than 8 hundred thousand cases of COVID 19 in the U.S. alone and COVID deaths outnumber deaths from WWII, Vietnam, and wars in the Middle East.
      Former president Trump did one good thing, he stimulated the development of multiple vaccines using the latest scientific techniques such as CRISPR technology. They have been available since the beginning of this year. Yet, many have found reason(s) why not to avail themselves of this medication.
      Here is the bottom line: We as a people will NEVER rid ourselves of this virus and the death its brings to our civilization, not in the near term nor the long term. Your parents may die from COVID, you and your immediate family may die from this disease even if you are vaccinated. The key thing is if you are not vaccinated you and your loved ones are more likely to die.
      So, as healthcare providers if you haven’t gotten smart then get smart take the vaccine and encourage family members, patients, friends, and anyone else you can encourage to take the vaccine. You have a responsibility to be a healthcare leader. Don’t be a healthcare loser.

Robert H. Krupkin, M.D.
      Emergency Medicine Physican

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.